Watch How to Dress Well, Zodiac, and More Talk "AltRnB"
- Words: Patric Fallon
Here, Red Bull Music Academy unveils its inaugural episode of a series called H∆SHTAG$, which—not unlike our recent Welcome to... the Internet feature—aims to "[chronicle] some of the most fascinating themes emerging from the web in recent times." This first episode, called "Don't Call It #AltRnB," features interviews with soft-hearted crooner How to Dress Well (pictured above), Bubblin' Up producer (and one-time collaborator with The Weeknd) Zodiac, and more. Through candid interviews with the artists in their homes and studios and a fair bit of web browsing, RBMA's piece aims to capture what force was behind the most recent permutation of R&B, as well as discuss the importance—or lack thereof—of genre tags and trends in the age of the internet. You can watch it all in the video below, and be sure to look out for more of the H∆SHTAG$ series to appear soon.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsHear a New Remix from Joy Orbison
- NewsSBTRKT Releases Interactive Video for "Look Away"
- NewsStream a Track from Locked Groove's Upcoming EP
- GearArtist Tips: Addison Groove Shares Five of His Production Secrets
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player