Watch How to Dress Well, Zodiac, and More Talk "AltRnB"
- Words: Patric Fallon
Here, Red Bull Music Academy unveils its inaugural episode of a series called H∆SHTAG$, which—not unlike our recent Welcome to... the Internet feature—aims to "[chronicle] some of the most fascinating themes emerging from the web in recent times." This first episode, called "Don't Call It #AltRnB," features interviews with soft-hearted crooner How to Dress Well (pictured above), Bubblin' Up producer (and one-time collaborator with The Weeknd) Zodiac, and more. Through candid interviews with the artists in their homes and studios and a fair bit of web browsing, RBMA's piece aims to capture what force was behind the most recent permutation of R&B, as well as discuss the importance—or lack thereof—of genre tags and trends in the age of the internet. You can watch it all in the video below, and be sure to look out for more of the H∆SHTAG$ series to appear soon.
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsWatch a New Video for Fatima's "Rest in Peace"
- NewsIkonika Streams New Track from Upcoming Hyperdub EP, Drops New Mix
- MP3Remote "Alcyone (Matt Walsh Remix)"
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player