Watch an Interview with Shed
- Words: Glenn Jackson
- Photo: Megan Cullen
As part of its Slices series of artist video features and interviews, Electronic Beats has shared an extensive interview with prolific German techno stalwart Shed. The 11-plus-minute video finds the producer born Rene Pawlowitz driving around a few small German towns—including his hometown of Schwedt—and discussing his early days as a producer and DJ, the impetus behind his many monikers, and the evolution of his studio set-up (which is apparently now all software based). It all makes for an interesting and rather frank look at the work of Shed, a widely respected artist who still refuses to call himself an innovator or "techno visionary."
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player