The press release for Neckface's latest exhibition came with a warning that read, "due to the shocking and violent nature of this art show, absolutely no one under 17 will be admitted." We're not sure if New Image Art Gallery or was just taking advantage of our pre-coffee haze, but Cannibal Carnival, from the sounds of it, will to contain plenty of blood regardless. Read more »
Sub Pop is still going full force with its 20th anniversary celebrations, and for the latest nod to the last two decades, the Seattle-based label has joined forces with Zune Marketplace. Microsoft's online store has a boatload of material to hand out to fans for the occasion, including exclusive video podcasts, Guestlist picks by the Sub Pop staff, and tracks that span the label's entire catalog.
Read more »
From carbon emissions points to that strange cube we're constantly referencing, Minus is a label that's constantly tapped into technology and not afraid to experiment. For its latest project, Richie Hawtin's imprint turns its attention towards digital downloads.
Read more »
GTA IV comes to PC
Rockstar officially announced that the latest in its epic crime-committing series, Grand Theft Auto IV, will be hitting the PC on November 18 in North America and November 21 in Europe.
Little in the way of details is known about new content, however, we are aware that Rockstar North is handling the port itself and there will be expanded multi-player options. We just don’t know what they are yet. Though we expect lots more hi-def Russian accents!
Read more »
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsThe Knife Splits, Announces Final Tour Dates
- NewsWarp Confirms Details of Upcoming Aphex Twin LP, Reveals Release Date
- NewsHear the Lead Track from Midland's Upcoming EP for Aus
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player