The Analogue Cops to Release Debut LP; Preview it Now
- Words: Brandon O'Connor
The Italian-born, Berlin-based duo of Lucretio and Marieu (a.k.a. The Analogue Cops) is set to release its debut album, Heavy Hands, via its own vinyl-only Restoration label. Out sometime in mid-March, the release features appearances by longtime collaborators Steffi and Blawan, as well as a first-time collaboration with Stanley Anscrom (a.k.a. Eat). Though this marks the team's first full-length effort, Analogue Cops has been spitting out releases under various monikers—such as Xenogears, OCP, Third Side (featuring Steffi), and Parassela (featuring Blawan)—over the past couple of years, a catalog which includes the noteworthy and recently reviewed Five EP. Group member Lucretio claims each record in Heavy Hands' double-12" package ends with "experimental noise," though you won't get to hear it in the preview included below, where you can also check out the artwork and tracklist.
- PodcastGerd Janson
- FeatureReal Talk: Hieroglyphic Being on His Unorthodox DJ Style, Muscle Mirroring, and Why the Whole Thing Is a Big Cosmic Joke
- NewsLes Sins Shares "Talk About" from Upcoming Debut LP
- NewsCheck Out the Video for Teengirl Fantasy's "Lung" Single
- NewsWatch the Animated Video for Lone's "Restless City"
- Real Talk: Hieroglyphic Being on His Unorthodox DJ Style, Muscle Mirroring, and Why the Whole Thing Is a Big Cosmic Joke
- Getting Down, Biking Around, and Reveling in the Final Days of Trouw: Reflections on ADE 2014
- Labels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- Labels We Love: 10 More of Our Favorite Labels, Plus Some Newcomers Worth Watching
XLR8R Downloads Player