Bloc Festival Reboots, Announces 10 Parties for 2013
- Words: Brad Stabler
There's something to be said for "fall down, get back up," but Bloc's story might be the standard definition to go by from now on. After an ill-fated, premature launch that was shut down almost immediately last year (read about that here), the London event has completely rebooted itself, turning from festival to party promoter and announcing a series of 10 events from March through June at a new studio space in London. The first party goes down on March 9, and will feature performances from Detroit techno icons Juan Atkins and Model 500. Future events, the last of which takes place on June 1, will feature the likes of Cosmin TRG, Shackleton, Omar-S, Egyptian Lover, Green Velvet, Surgeon, and a L.I.E.S. showcase, among others. You can nab tickets for the first event here, and check out details of the forthcoming Bloc events below.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
XLR8R Downloads Player