Brian Eno, DFA, Afrika Bambaataa, Four Tet, and More Contribute to RBMA Events Series
- Words: Patric Fallon
As the Red Bull Music Academy gets into gear for its 2013 edition in New York City (check out who'll be in attendance here), the music and culture hub has announced a series of events to take place during the school sessions—including lectures and performances from the likes of Brian Eno (pictured above), Four Tet, James Murphy, Giorgio Moroder, DJ Rashad, Pantha du Prince, Masters at Work, and many others. Between April 28 and May 31, there will be 34 "NYC-inspired concerts" featuring over 230 artists spread through out New York, some of which are detailed below. Look for the full lineup, as well as tickets for each event, to appear on March 4.
May 3 @ Santos Party House
United States of Bass w/ Afrika Bambaataa, Egyptian Lover, DJ Assault, DJ Spinn and DJ Rashad, Big Freedia, Scottie B, DJ Magic Mike, DJ Funk, Drop The Lime and Salva
May 6 @ Café Rouge
Brian Eno brings his acclaimed audio-visual installation to NYC all month and will give an "Illustrated Talk," outlining the creative processes that have driven his work
May 25 @ Grand Prospect Hall in Brooklyn
12 Years of DFA: Too Old to Be New, Too New to Be Classic w/ James Murphy and over 15 live acts and DJs spanning the history of DFA
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player