Deadbeat to Release "Endless" Single
- Words: Brad Stabler
Longstanding Berlin-based dub-techno wizard Deadbeat—who, incidentally, gave XLR8R an excellent podcast late last year—is no stranger to pushing his sound well past its breaking point. But on his new single, The Infinity Dubs Vol. 1, the producer born Scott Monteith is doing the opposite: His new tracks end on locked grooves, causing them to theoretically go on into infinity. Consisting of only two tracks aptly named "ID1" and "ID2", Deadbeat's forthcoming 12" switches up his sound in a big way, incorporating more old-school garage and hardcore techno influences than before and filling in the corners of his normally sparse sound palette. This is the first release by Deadbeat after last year's solid Eight LP, and will arrive as the first part of an ongoing series on March 11 via his own BLKRTZ imprint.
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player