Deadbeat to Release "Endless" Single
- Words: Brad Stabler
Longstanding Berlin-based dub-techno wizard Deadbeat—who, incidentally, gave XLR8R an excellent podcast late last year—is no stranger to pushing his sound well past its breaking point. But on his new single, The Infinity Dubs Vol. 1, the producer born Scott Monteith is doing the opposite: His new tracks end on locked grooves, causing them to theoretically go on into infinity. Consisting of only two tracks aptly named "ID1" and "ID2", Deadbeat's forthcoming 12" switches up his sound in a big way, incorporating more old-school garage and hardcore techno influences than before and filling in the corners of his normally sparse sound palette. This is the first release by Deadbeat after last year's solid Eight LP, and will arrive as the first part of an ongoing series on March 11 via his own BLKRTZ imprint.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
XLR8R Downloads Player