Deadbeat to Release "Endless" Single
- Words: Brad Stabler
Longstanding Berlin-based dub-techno wizard Deadbeat—who, incidentally, gave XLR8R an excellent podcast late last year—is no stranger to pushing his sound well past its breaking point. But on his new single, The Infinity Dubs Vol. 1, the producer born Scott Monteith is doing the opposite: His new tracks end on locked grooves, causing them to theoretically go on into infinity. Consisting of only two tracks aptly named "ID1" and "ID2", Deadbeat's forthcoming 12" switches up his sound in a big way, incorporating more old-school garage and hardcore techno influences than before and filling in the corners of his normally sparse sound palette. This is the first release by Deadbeat after last year's solid Eight LP, and will arrive as the first part of an ongoing series on March 11 via his own BLKRTZ imprint.
- FeatureLabels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- NewsLegowelt and Willie Burns Launch Bizarre Online TV Show; Watch the First Episode Now
- NewsCheck Out a New Mix from Mount Kimbie
- NewsListen to Huxley's Upcoming Debut LP, 'Blurred'
- NewsListen to Slam's Upcoming 'Reverse Proceed' LP for Soma
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
- October 20: MUTEK.MX with Andy Stott, The Bug, Roman Flügel, Objekt, Laurel Halo, Oneohtrix Point Never, and More
- November 5: Club to Club with Caribou, SBTRKT, Recondite, Marcel Dettmann, Clark, Vessel, Luke Vibert, Jacques Greene, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player