Deadbeat to Release "Endless" Single
- Words: Brad Stabler
Longstanding Berlin-based dub-techno wizard Deadbeat—who, incidentally, gave XLR8R an excellent podcast late last year—is no stranger to pushing his sound well past its breaking point. But on his new single, The Infinity Dubs Vol. 1, the producer born Scott Monteith is doing the opposite: His new tracks end on locked grooves, causing them to theoretically go on into infinity. Consisting of only two tracks aptly named "ID1" and "ID2", Deadbeat's forthcoming 12" switches up his sound in a big way, incorporating more old-school garage and hardcore techno influences than before and filling in the corners of his normally sparse sound palette. This is the first release by Deadbeat after last year's solid Eight LP, and will arrive as the first part of an ongoing series on March 11 via his own BLKRTZ imprint.
- GearArtist Tips: Peter Van Hoesen on How to Listen More Effectively
- NewsRecondite Announces Upcoming LP for Innervisions, Streams New Track
- MP3Clap! Clap! "Ashiko (Lurka Obeah Remix)"
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsSBTRKT Drops Video for "New Dorp. New York"
XLR8R Downloads Player