Deep Space Celebrates 10 Years with Scuba
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Deep Space, the now 10-year-old NYC weekly destination for dark grooves and dubwise DJ sets, will celebrate its 10th anniversary next month with a special performance from bass specialist and Hotflush label head Scuba, who appears alongside Deep Space's tireless resident jock Francois K. Over its decade worth of parties, the NYC night has brought a diverse range of talent to its functions, providing a space for unique and more adventurous sets from its performers. A small sampling of names from the past 10 years—Carl Craig, Mala, Kode 9, Sepalcure, DJ Spooky, Derrick May, Martyn, Theo Parrish, Falty DL, Objekt, Joy Orbison, and even dub legends Rhythm & Sound—speaks for itself when it comes to Deep Space's consistent curatorial quality over the years. Deep Space's 10th Anniversary party with Scuba is set to go down on March 18 at Cielo. Ahead of time, you can peep the full details on the flier below.
- FeatureXLR8R's Best of 2014: Readers Poll
- FeatureXLR8R's Best of 2014: Releases (15 - 1)
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Midland, Nina Kraviz, our Best of 2014, and More
- MP3Rihanna "What's My Name? (Federation Remix feat. Vybz Kartel)"
- NewsWatch Mala Dig in John Peel's Record Collection
XLR8R Downloads Player