Deep Space Celebrates 10 Years with Scuba
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Deep Space, the now 10-year-old NYC weekly destination for dark grooves and dubwise DJ sets, will celebrate its 10th anniversary next month with a special performance from bass specialist and Hotflush label head Scuba, who appears alongside Deep Space's tireless resident jock Francois K. Over its decade worth of parties, the NYC night has brought a diverse range of talent to its functions, providing a space for unique and more adventurous sets from its performers. A small sampling of names from the past 10 years—Carl Craig, Mala, Kode 9, Sepalcure, DJ Spooky, Derrick May, Martyn, Theo Parrish, Falty DL, Objekt, Joy Orbison, and even dub legends Rhythm & Sound—speaks for itself when it comes to Deep Space's consistent curatorial quality over the years. Deep Space's 10th Anniversary party with Scuba is set to go down on March 18 at Cielo. Ahead of time, you can peep the full details on the flier below.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player