Eluvium to Release New Double-LP
- Words: James Eaton
- Photo: J. Paske
Though he spent most of 2012 ramping up his work as Martin Eden, longstanding Portland ambient artist Matthew Cooper will soon end the roughly three-year hiatus of his Eluvium project with the release of Nightmare Ending, his sixth full-length album. As Spin reports, Brooklyn's Temporary Residence label has scheduled the two-disc, 14-track record to be released on May 14, approximately seven years after it was conceived. Cooper's Nightmare Ending is said to be "a fully instrumental affair" that a press release describes as "[encompassing] everything remarkable about past Eluvium albums, executed more powerfully and poignantly than ever before." Before the release of Nightmare Ending, you can check out its artwork and tracklist below.
1. "Don’t Get Any Closer"
3. "By the Rails"
4. Unknown Variation"
7. "Envenom Mettle"
2. "Rain Gently"
3. "Impromptu (For the Procession)"
4. "Covered In Writing"
6. "Strange Arrivals"
- NewsWatch Mr. Oizo's Intense New Video, Directed by Eric Wareheim and Featuring the Glorious Return of Flat Eric
- NewsFour Tet, John Talabot, Jamie xx, and Koreless Soundtrack Short Film; Watch It Now
- FeatureHi-Five: Graze Shares the "Bittersweet Electronics" That Helped Shape the Duo's Sound
- GearAsk the Experts: Mr. Oizo
XLR8R Downloads Player