Eluvium to Release New Double-LP
- Words: James Eaton
- Photo: J. Paske
Though he spent most of 2012 ramping up his work as Martin Eden, longstanding Portland ambient artist Matthew Cooper will soon end the roughly three-year hiatus of his Eluvium project with the release of Nightmare Ending, his sixth full-length album. As Spin reports, Brooklyn's Temporary Residence label has scheduled the two-disc, 14-track record to be released on May 14, approximately seven years after it was conceived. Cooper's Nightmare Ending is said to be "a fully instrumental affair" that a press release describes as "[encompassing] everything remarkable about past Eluvium albums, executed more powerfully and poignantly than ever before." Before the release of Nightmare Ending, you can check out its artwork and tracklist below.
1. "Don’t Get Any Closer"
3. "By the Rails"
4. Unknown Variation"
7. "Envenom Mettle"
2. "Rain Gently"
3. "Impromptu (For the Procession)"
4. "Covered In Writing"
6. "Strange Arrivals"
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Tycho
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player