Jack Dixon Inaugurates New Label with EP; Hear it Now
- Words: Rebecca Bratburd
Today, Berlin-based producer and Hotflush affiliate Jack Dixon dropped his Those Questions EP as the first release to appear via his new label, White Asega. The six-song EP follows the producer's solid "E" b/w "Find Shelter" offering from last fall, and came about after his reported battle with insomnia. Dixon is said to mix influences of analog techno with the industrial landscape in which he lives on Those Questions, the results of which make for a collection of songs that seem to be stuck in a dreamlike state—albeit one soaked in house rhythms and uncompromising bass. Below, you can stream Dixon's brand-new EP; you can also grab a copy for yourself for the price of your choosing on his label's Bandcamp.
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Tycho
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player