Julio Bashmore and Hyetal Ready Collaborative Single; Hear It Now
- Words: Brad Stabler
As individual producers, Julio Bashmore and Hyetal sport impressive resumes of deep house and techno releases that are immediately infectious and endearing; together as Velour, they are of a whole different breed, specializing in a predominantly funky strain of beatmaking. Released in 2010, the Velvet Collection EP for UK outpost Night Slugs was a sudden left turn in the label's catalogue at the time, as it boasted mostly warm, analogue synths and stuttering 909 claps. Velour's new single, "Speedway" b/w "Dial," eschews some of the party vibes that Velvet offered, and instead favors a cool, lean sonic landscape and freeform, jamming synth work. Before Bashmore's own Broadwalk label drops the 12" on March 4, you can stream both "Speedway"—which we've experienced in video form before—and "Dial" in full below, where you'll also find Velour's slow-grooving remix of "Fallin' Love" by BenZel. (via FACT)
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
XLR8R Downloads Player