Kode9 and Richy Ahmed Tapped for Rinse's 2013 Mix Series
Famed London radio station/label Rinse FM has announced plans to venture into new territory for its mixtape releases this year, reaching outside of the station's own core of jocks to tap Hyperdub boss Kode9 (pictured above) and Hot Creations affiliate Richy Ahmed for seperate releases in the months to come. First up will be Kode9's Rinse mix, which drops May 13 and is said to find the bass-minded veteran showcasing "both the direction his iconic label Hyperdub will be taking in 2013 and his own development as a producer," while Ahmed's mix will follow with a release sometime in June and promises to find the fast-emerging DJ/producer "casting the spotlight on a selection of classic house [music] and offerings from upcoming producers he's made his name championing." There's no tracklist or artwork yet for either mix, but we're sure details will begin to trickle in as we approach each record's upcoming release date.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player