Listen to MIDI Versions of Flying Lotus, Mount Kimbie, Sepalcure, Deadboy, and More
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Today, Red Bull Music Academy launched Modern MIDI Classics, a quirky website which indulges in a bit of electronic music nostalgia by offering up General MIDI versions of recent tracks from a host of notable production outfits. Amongst the site's web 1.0-inspired graphics, Flylo's "Putty Boy Strut" and "Astral Plane" tunes, Mount Kimbie's "Carbonated," and even a pair of TNGHT tracks can be heard in the silly, archaic form. Modern MIDI Classics also features a section dedicated to the history of MIDI itself, which celebrates its 30th anniversary as the backbone of electronic music this year, and will at some point in the near future offer ringtones—because, why not? To hear the General MIDI-interpreted tunes (note that they don't actually offer the MIDI files, though) of FlyLo, Mount Kimbie, TNGHT, Sepalcure, Deadboy, How to Dress Well, Bondax, Dorian Concept, and more, head here. (via FACT)
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
XLR8R Downloads Player