Pleasure Principle Adds Ruff Sqwad, Krystal Klear, L.I.E.S., and More to Lineup, Shares Legowelt Mix
- Words: Glenn Jackson
As we reported back in November of last year, Glasgow's Numbers label was set to celebrate its 10th anniversary by launching the Pleasure Principle festival, which today added a slew of new artists to a lineup that already includes heavy hitters such as Rusite, Joy Orbison, TNGHT, Jackmaster, Blawan, Robert Hood, and many more. The latest wave of announced performers includes veteran grime supergroup Ruff Sqwad and Brooklyn label L.I.E.S. (represented by Ron Morelli and Steve Summers), along with soundsystem firebrand and veteran selector David Rodigan, Krystal Klear (pictured above), Kowton, NY's Mister Saturday Night crew, and blog/DJ Awesome Tapes from Africa, among others. Pleasure Principles is set to go down from April 26 to 28 in the city of Cornwall, UK, and before then, the event's crew has enlisted Dutch techno boss Legowelt (also set to perform) to put together a promo mix, which you can stream and download below. Interested parties can also check out the full roster of artists slated to perform at Pleasure Principle here.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Flying Lotus, Hard Wax, SBTRKT and More
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
XLR8R Downloads Player