Sónar Festival Announces Japanese Dates, Reveals Initial Lineup
- Words: Brandon O'Connor
Though we've already seen the Barcelonan Sónar festival expand its reach internationally to North America, Iceland, and Tokyo, this year's Japanese presence will now include dates in Osaka. Performers scheduled for A Taste of Sónar Osaka are Actress, Nicolas Jaar, Sherwood & Pinch, and Darkstar, among others. The Osaka showcases will bookend Sónar's weekend in Tokyo on April 5 and April 8, with Tokyo's events happening on April 6 and 7. The sixth edition of SonarSound Tokyo, taking place at ageHa Studio Coast, will feature 40 artists at four different stages. In addition to the names mentioned above, Tokyo will also feature performances by LFO, John Talabot, Boys Noize, and a special stage—featuring Om Unit, Illum Sphere, and Kidsuke—presented by Red Bull Music Academy. Though all of the confirmed artists have yet to be announced, you can find more details about SónarSound Tokyo and A Taste of Sónar Osaka here, and peruse your ticket options here.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player