Video Premiere: Clay Wilson "End Gap"
- Words: Brandon O'Connor
Forward-thinking Brooklyn experimentalist Clay Wilson has given us the premiere of his video for "End Gap," a standout lifted from his recent BASH002 12". The piece—shot at the Pencil Factory in Brooklyn and directed by Jomo Fray—captures the improvisational dancing of Molly MacGregor as illuminated by the sporadic pulse of strobe lights. Between the quick shots of MacGregor are splices of dilated streetlights, courtesy of fellow Brooklyn resident Devon Hansen (a.k.a. Lotide), who ultimately reconstructed the video into its final edit. The effect of the clip for "End Gap" perfectly exemplifies the idea behind the Styles Upon Styles label's Bangers and Ash series, the goal of which is to invite artists to create heady experiments for the a-side and club-oriented tunes for the b-side. For those of you not yet satiated with your daily dose of techno, you can stream the rest of BASH002 after the jump.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player