Video: Short Stories "On the Way"
- Words: James Eaton
Well, now we know exactly where the cover art for the recently released "On the Way" b/w "Let it Go" 12" by Short Stories (a.k.a. Koreless and Sampha) comes from: this lighthearted music video for that record's a-side cut. The low-budget clip was directed by London's Jospeh Ridout, and features two kids—presumably standing in for the members of Short Stories—putting on some kind of stage show full of balloons, fog, costumes, toy instruments, and other doodads. The grainy visuals are a somewhat odd pairing with the duo's slickly produced cut of soulful bass music, but nonetheless prove that Koreless and Sampha are in touch with their inner childs—or at least don't take themselves too seriously. (via FACT)
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player