Artifact Offers New LP for Download
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Bristol-based producer and Young Echo afilliate Artifact has self-released an album's worth of tunes as a "pay what you want" download. The Cologne Tracks LP is said to be made up of songs produced while Artifact was living in that particular German city back in 2011 and 2012. Originally released under a different alias, many of the cuts here find the budding producer using footwork's tempo and chopped approach as inspiration. Although Cologne Tracks is technically the first full-length release to Artifact's name, it is said that the album should be viewed more as a retrospective of the man's time spent in Cologne than a proper debut album. The entire LP can be streamed below and downloaded for a price of the listener's choosing over on Bandcamp.
- MP3GL "Won't You See (Gerd Janson Dub Mix)"
- NewsWolfgang Voigt Pays Tribute to the Roland 303 for Kompakt's 303rd Release
- NewsLeon Vynehall Shares Mesmerizing New Video, Announces North American Tour
- NewsGhostly Artists Soundtrack Upcoming Videogame; Hear New Tracks from Shigeto, Matthew Dear, and More
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- Record Store Week: Co-Op 87
XLR8R Downloads Player