Artifact Offers New LP for Download
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Bristol-based producer and Young Echo afilliate Artifact has self-released an album's worth of tunes as a "pay what you want" download. The Cologne Tracks LP is said to be made up of songs produced while Artifact was living in that particular German city back in 2011 and 2012. Originally released under a different alias, many of the cuts here find the budding producer using footwork's tempo and chopped approach as inspiration. Although Cologne Tracks is technically the first full-length release to Artifact's name, it is said that the album should be viewed more as a retrospective of the man's time spent in Cologne than a proper debut album. The entire LP can be streamed below and downloaded for a price of the listener's choosing over on Bandcamp.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player