Bibio Plans New Album for Warp, Stream First Single Now
- Words: Rebecca Bratburd
UK producer Stephen James Wilkinson (a.k.a. Bibio) has announced plans to return to Warp with a new record called Silver Wilkinson. Ahead of its release, he's also made the guitar-centric, springtime-infused "À tout à l'heure"—one of the LP's 11 tracks—available to stream now. According to a press release, Wilkinson aimed "to focus more on an organic and live sound and to record more guitar and other live instrumentation." The effort can certainly be heard on "À tout à l'heure," which is said to be inspired by a spring day. "I still had the urge to make music so I limited myself to a few bits of gear and set up in my garden: a 12 string guitar, an MPC sampler, a microphone, and a cassette recorder. I drummed on objects in the garden, like a plastic watering can and 'snipped' garden shears for percussion parts," Wilkinson says of the song's genesis. Warp will release the rest of Silver Wilkinson on May 14, but in the meantime, the album art, tracklist and the stream of "À tout à l'heure" are below.
01. The First Daffodils
02. Dye the Water Green
04. Mirroring All
05. À tout à l'heure
06. Sycamore Silhouetting
09. Look at Orion!
10. Business Park
11. You Won't Remember...
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player