Jon Hopkins Plans Fourth Solo Album
- Words: Rebecca Bratburd
Veteran producer Jon Hopkins has been considerably quiet on the solo front for some time, but now news has come that the London-based artist will release his fourth full-length in the months to come. Entitled Immunity, the forthcoming record is the first proper solo follow-up to 2009's XLR8R-picked Insides LP and is said to be "inspired by the arc of an epic night out." On the album, Hopkins seems keen on flexing his production muscle, resulting in an album that offers his "most aggressively dancefloor-focused music" to date. The tracklist and a trailer for the forthcoming LP can be found below. Immunity is set to see a release via the Domino label on June 3 with a special live A/V performance in London scheduled to mark the occasion on June 12.
01 We Disappear
02 Open Eye Signal
03 Breathe This Air
05 Abandon Window
06 Form By Firelight
07 Sun Harmonics
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
- MP3Shiva "Dark Moon"
- MP3Astronomar "Gargoile (Massacooramaan Remix)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player