Kompakt Continues 20th-Anniversary Celebration; Wolfgang Voigt Brings Back Mike Ink
- Words: Brad Stabler
Following its announcement of the Kompakt 20 Jahre Kollection, the seminal Kompakt label has continued to roll out new goodies for its 20-year anniversary. Today, the imprint offered up a free track from two of its founding pillars, brothers Reinhold and Wolfgang Voigt, and also announced that the latter will soon be resurrecting his old Mike Ink alias. Wolfgang Voigt was notoriously prolific in the '90s as Mike Ink, scattering pummeling acid tunes on various labels, and the moniker has apparently been revived with a promise to release various remakes, reworks, and remixes throughout the year. That effort begins with The Best of Mike Ink Is Dead 1, a new 12" out today on the Voigt brothers' Protest imprint. In addition, the brothers have offered up "Der Keil NRW," a cut from their latest record, Die Zauberhafte Welt Der Anderen, for free download. For a limited time, the record is being offered alongside a free download of their elusive Erdingertrax 12" series on iTunes. You can stream and download "Der Keil NRW" below.
- FeatureLabels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- NewsLegowelt and Willie Burns Launch Bizarre Online TV Show; Watch the First Episode Now
- NewsCheck Out a New Mix from Mount Kimbie
- NewsListen to Huxley's Upcoming Debut LP, 'Blurred'
- FeatureLabels We Love: 10 More of Our Favorite Labels, Plus Some Newcomers Worth Watching
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
- October 20: MUTEK.MX with Andy Stott, The Bug, Roman Flügel, Objekt, Laurel Halo, Oneohtrix Point Never, and More
- November 5: Club to Club with Caribou, SBTRKT, Recondite, Marcel Dettmann, Clark, Vessel, Luke Vibert, Jacques Greene, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player