Video: Slava "Werk"
- Words: Patric Fallon
Seeing as how Brookyln resident Slava was at one point known primarily for his audio/visual performances, it only makes sense that the video for his latest single, "Werk," is a quality piece of slick, cyberspace imagery. Taken from the producer's upcoming Raw Solutions LP for Software (out on April 23), this new jam mixes elements of Chicago footwork and classic '90s house into a body-moving frenzy, which helps make the flashy and vintage internet-inspired visuals all the more appropriate. Slava's clip starts out with him showing up for his daily duties at a bare office space populated only by a sexy secretary and a lone fish, but after drinking a cup full of his own brand of vodka, the artist is transported into a Matrix-like digital world of ambiguous dancers and mercurial visuals.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player