Young Echo Announces LP for Ramp, Shares First Leak
- Words: Patric Fallon
- Photo: Alex Hughes-Games
Just months after we tapped Young Echo (pictured above) as part of a sizable Bubblin' Up feature, the Bristolian collective has announced it will soon release an LP via the multi-faceted RAMP label. Kahn, Vessel, Jabu, El Kid, Zhou, and all of their respective side projects came together to create Nexus, a 13-track album described in a press release as "a dream-like journey through the musical landscape of bass, dubstep, techno, hip-hop, and garage." The LP's May 27 release is preceded by a video for its first leak, "Jupiter Rise," which finds Young Echo working with the sparse and somber side of the electronic spectrum. "Blood Sugar" will be the first officially released single from Nexus, and is set to arrive on April 29. The tracklist and artwork for Nexus, as well as the video for the first taste of its music, can be found below.
Voices On The Water
Earth & Dust (Version)
Untitled No. 7
My Child, My Chain
Eternities, Never / Ephemeral, Sometimes
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player