1-800-Dinosaur to Launch New Label with James Blake 12"
- Words: Patric Fallon
The club night co-curated by James Blake, 1-800-Dinosaur has announced its new venture as a record label, which will be head up by former R&S label manager Dan Foat and launched with a two-track 12" from Blake himself. In an interview with Juno Plus, Foat says of the future of his new project, "There is no specific plan to be honest. The initial focus is to release forward-thinking music based around the people already involved with the label or our friends." On his departure from R&S, the ex-label manager says, "Last year I felt like I had taken R&S as far as I could, and my priorities and attention had always been with James [Blake] as his manager, so 1-800-Dinosaur is a logical progression and an exciting challenge. Most of the key artists I signed to R&S have since left, so it’s a good time to explore new opportunities." Blake's upcoming record will feature a dub version of "Voyeur," a cut from his forthcoming Overgrown LP, as well as the completely new track "And Holy Ghost." Before the 12" drops in the middle of this month, a video for the original version of "Voyeur" can be viewed in the player below.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player