Hear the B-Side from Kode9's Upcoming 12"
- Words: James Eaton
Earlier this week, Hyperdub boss Kode9 gave the world a full stream of the a-side from his forthcoming 12", "Xingfu Lu," and in another fit of generosity, has also opted to share its b-side tune. "Kan" is almost as equally restless and juke-touched as its counterpart, with plenty of default snares and hollowed-out percussion—which, apparently, is a sample of Kode9 "opening a can of Irn Bru, pouring it in a glass of ice, and hitting the glass with a fork"—cracking in time with the heavy rhythm and stuttering melodies. Below, the track is available to hear in full, and a brief interview about the longstanding DJ/producer's new tune can be read over on Pitchfork before the single drops on April 29.
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player