Jeff Mills, Kassem Mosse, Delroy Edwards, and More to Play New Forms 2013
- Words: Brad Stabler
Entering into its 13th year, the Vancouver-based New Forms Festival has become a mainstay in promoting a variety of electronic artists while keeping the intimate qualities of a DIY venue an integral part of its festival environment, a fact we discussed after attending last year. As such, we're excited to learn that the initial line-up for New Forms' 2013 incarnation has been announced. Featuring Detroit techno legend Jeff Mills (pictured above), German DJ/producer Kassem Mosse, Young Echo fixture Kahn, breakout L.I.E.S. affiliate Delroy Edwards, San Francisco-based futurist EPROM, and many more, this year's festival will place between September 12 and 15, wrapping up the summer in proper fashion. The initial batch of artists performing at New Forms is available to peruse below—more will be announced in the weeks and months ahead—and early bird tickets, volunteering opportunities, and more information about this year's festivities are available here.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Untold, Tycho, Jam City, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player