Juan Atkins and Mortiz von Oswald to Release New Record as Borderland
- Words: Brad Stabler
Following yesterday's announcement that Juan Atkins will perform with Mortiz von Oswald under the name Borderland as part of the closing night for this year's MUTEK festival in Montreal, the duo has shared word of a forthcoming record for its collaborative moniker. The artists have previously worked together, with Atkins contributing to von Oswald's 3MB in the early '90s—not to mention von Oswald pulling engineering duty for multiple Model 500 releases—but the eight-track, self-titled record will be the pair's first collaboration in over 20 years to see an official release. Borderland is said to be the product of a spontaneous series of sessions in Berlin from earlier this year, and according to Juno Plus, the music is "skewed toward club-orientated electronic music." Borderlands' new tracks will be released via Tresor over a series of 12" singles in the coming months, with the full affair arriving as a CD on June 10. Before then, the tracklist is available to peruse below.
1. Electric Garden (Jazz In The Garden Mix)
2. Electric Dub
4. Electric Garden (Original Mix)
6. Mars Garden
7. Digital Forest
- GearArtist Tips: Peter Van Hoesen on How to Listen More Effectively
- NewsRecondite Announces Upcoming LP for Innervisions, Streams New Track
- MP3Clap! Clap! "Ashiko (Lurka Obeah Remix)"
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsSBTRKT Drops Video for "New Dorp. New York"
XLR8R Downloads Player