Locked Groove to Inaugurate Self-Titled Imprint with New 12"
- Words: Brad Stabler
Hotflush- and Turbo-affiliated rising star Locked Groove (a.k.a. Tim Van de Meutter)—whose latest remix premiered in today's edition of Press Play—has announced that he'll soon launch his own label, aptly named Locked Groove Records. Van de Meutter's new endeavor will start out as an outlet for his own material, though he hasn't ruled out the possibility of releasing other artists in the future. Each forthcoming release will be regulated to limited vinyl pressings, the first of which will be a new Locked Groove 12". Though we currently have no clips or an exact release date, we do know that "Waves" b/w "Shirts Off" will drop sometime in May. (via Resident Advisor)
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player