The Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Four Tet, Cosmin TRG, Joy Orbison, and More
- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
- Photo: Björn Jonas
Throughout the week, a whole lot of material gets posted here on XLR8R. And while we know—and love—that some hardcore readers will eagerly pour over every single news story, interview, podcast, video, and MP3 download that appears on the site, we also realize that for most people, it's impossible to see everything, which means that some quality XLR8R content is likely to get missed in the hustle and bustle of everyone's daily lives. In the interest of making it easier for everyone to catch up, every Friday we present The Lowdown, a weekly wrap-up of the top 10 tidbits from our site.
1. This week's XLR8R podcast came courtesy of Romanian-born, Berlin-based Cosmin TRG (pictured above), who also dropped his sophomore full-length this week.
2. As he's been doing more frequently in recent months, Four Tet took to Twitter to give away a remix he did of RocketNumberNine, a London duo inked to his Text label.
3. UK youngster Karma Kid was responsible—well, partially responsible—for our most popular download this week, as we gave away Math Times Joy's atmospheric remix of his "In My Arms."
4. Joy Orbison also surprised everyone with an unscheduled giveaway this week, offering up "Donnell," a soulful dancefloor cut sampling Donell Jones.
5. UNO affiliate Aquarian found his way into our Downloads section this week by sending along his remix of Rone's Bye Bye Macadam" as a free giveaway.
6. Moog is offering the chance to win its new Sub Phatty synth to fans who simply fill out a survey about what they'd like to see at Moogfest 2014.
7. Manchester producer Synkro is always popular in our Downloads section, and his remix of Soosh's "For You" was no exception.
8. The xx will be contributing a new song to the soundtrack for The Great Gatsby, and a stream of the tune, entitled "Together," surfaced online this week.
9. Our latest contest is offering XLR8R readers the chance to win a JBL home theater speaker system. Enter now before it's too late.
10. The most recent edition of our Trainwreck series found UK artist xxxy recounting a tale of severe travel woes after attending the last RBMA in Madrid.
An expanded version of the The Lowdown is also available via a weekly email newsletter. Those interested in an even more in-depth round-up of XLR8R content, including a complete listing of all the free downloads we've offered in the past seven days, should sign up by entering their email address below.
Subscribe to the XLR8R Lowdown
- 20 Questions - Garnier Talks Teenage Radio Shows, Living in the South of France, and Paying Way Too Much for The KLF
- Hi-Five - P. Morris Revisits His Roots and Lists His Five Favorite Go-Go Tracks
- A Generous Environment: Thoughts, Ideas, and Questions from patten
- Hi-Five - Kerri Chandler Lists the Five Tracks That Influenced Him the Most
XLR8R Downloads Player