Mixpak Announces Dancehall EP Produced by Douster
- Words: Tim Gentles
The label helmed by Brooklyn DJ/producer Dre Skull, Mixpak has just announced its first vocal EP of the year, a record called Inna Style N Fashion which was produced by the versatile, globetrotting Douster. Featuring a different young Jamaican vocalist on each of the EP's four cuts—including the likes of Beenie Man-affiliated singer Kantana—the upcoming EP showcases a classic dancehall sound in the vein of Ward 21 and South Rakkas Crew with plenty of island-pop and house influence. Inna Style N Fashion will be out on May 14; its tracklist and artwork can be perused below.
1. Kantana - Dollar Sign
2. Kari Jess - Like A Genie
3. Keida - Never Lose
4. Cee Gee - Wine
- GearArtist Tips: Mister Saturday Night on the Importance of Building a Proper DJ Booth
- NewsWatch Ben UFO's RBMA Lecture
- MP3Machines in Heaven "Hindu Milk (Debukas Remix)"
- NewsStream Keysound's Upcoming 'Certified Connections' Compilation
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Maya Jane Coles, Joy Orbison, Mister Saturday Night, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player