Mixpak Announces Dancehall EP Produced by Douster
- Words: Tim Gentles
The label helmed by Brooklyn DJ/producer Dre Skull, Mixpak has just announced its first vocal EP of the year, a record called Inna Style N Fashion which was produced by the versatile, globetrotting Douster. Featuring a different young Jamaican vocalist on each of the EP's four cuts—including the likes of Beenie Man-affiliated singer Kantana—the upcoming EP showcases a classic dancehall sound in the vein of Ward 21 and South Rakkas Crew with plenty of island-pop and house influence. Inna Style N Fashion will be out on May 14; its tracklist and artwork can be perused below.
1. Kantana - Dollar Sign
2. Kari Jess - Like A Genie
3. Keida - Never Lose
4. Cee Gee - Wine
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
XLR8R Downloads Player