Mixpak Announces Dancehall EP Produced by Douster
- Words: Tim Gentles
The label helmed by Brooklyn DJ/producer Dre Skull, Mixpak has just announced its first vocal EP of the year, a record called Inna Style N Fashion which was produced by the versatile, globetrotting Douster. Featuring a different young Jamaican vocalist on each of the EP's four cuts—including the likes of Beenie Man-affiliated singer Kantana—the upcoming EP showcases a classic dancehall sound in the vein of Ward 21 and South Rakkas Crew with plenty of island-pop and house influence. Inna Style N Fashion will be out on May 14; its tracklist and artwork can be perused below.
1. Kantana - Dollar Sign
2. Kari Jess - Like A Genie
3. Keida - Never Lose
4. Cee Gee - Wine
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player