Mixpak Announces Dancehall EP Produced by Douster
- Words: Tim Gentles
The label helmed by Brooklyn DJ/producer Dre Skull, Mixpak has just announced its first vocal EP of the year, a record called Inna Style N Fashion which was produced by the versatile, globetrotting Douster. Featuring a different young Jamaican vocalist on each of the EP's four cuts—including the likes of Beenie Man-affiliated singer Kantana—the upcoming EP showcases a classic dancehall sound in the vein of Ward 21 and South Rakkas Crew with plenty of island-pop and house influence. Inna Style N Fashion will be out on May 14; its tracklist and artwork can be perused below.
1. Kantana - Dollar Sign
2. Kari Jess - Like A Genie
3. Keida - Never Lose
4. Cee Gee - Wine
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
- NewsStream Submerse's Upcoming Debut Full-Length, 'Slow Waves'
- NewsCheck Out Another Track from Rustie's Upcoming LP for Warp
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsRicardo Villalobos Readies 'Voodog' 12"; Preview It Now
XLR8R Downloads Player