Mouse on Mars' Jan St. Werner Preps Solo Album, Shares New Track
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Jan St. Werner, one half of pioneering electronic duo Mouse on Mars, has unveiled plans to release a solo LP next month via Thrill Jockey, sharing a stream of album cut "Feed Opener" in the process. The forthcoming Blaze Colour Burn LP will serve as the inaugural release of Werner's proposed Fiepblatter series, which the veteran producer plans to use as an outlet to "explore some of his more experimental, less overtly rhythmic, inclinations." Furthermore, the press release states that the series will encompass "electro-acoustic experimentation, algorithmic elements, scored music, digital signal processing, field recordings, improvisation, public performance, and graphic works," thorughout its run. The six-track Blaze Colour Burn record will kick off the series when it sees a release on June 11. Before then, Werner has shared the upcoming record's artwork and tracklist, which can be found with "Feed Opener" below.
01 Cloud Diachroma
02 Spiazzacorale B
03 Feed Opener
04 Serra Beacon
05 Spiazzacorale A
06 Sipian Organ
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
XLR8R Downloads Player