Pinch Launches New Label, Shares New Mix
- Words: Tim Gentles
Genre-bending dubstep producer Pinch recently announced the launch of his new label, Cold Recordings, sharing with the news a DJ set crafted as a taste of what's to come. Already having three labels to his name—Tectonic, 'Earwax, and Subtext—the Bristolian artist is certainly no stranger to running an imprint, and Cold will continue his fostering of the UK's ever-evolving hybrid bass sounds with its first release from Cardiff producer Elmono. The brand-new "Baton Rouge" b/w "Shadows on the Moon" 12" draws inspiration from all sides of the bass music spectrum, capturing that introspective sweet spot where techno, garage, and dubstep meet. Head to the Cold website for a free download of Pinch's latest mix, featuring plenty of forthcoming Cold material, and check out previews of Elmono's new tunes below.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player