Video Premiere: The Range "PS3"
- Words: Rebecca Bratburd
This week, East Coast producer The Range released his Seneca EP via Donky Pitch, and we're following that up today with the premiere of his video for "PS3," a tune steeped in lush melodies, crisp snares, and rapidfire vocal touches. When we posted a remix of the track by fellow Astro Nautico affiliate Obey City earlier this month, we picked up on a certain level of introspectiveness inherent with the music, a notion that rings true on the visuals for "PS3." Opening simply enough with an email draft outlining philosophical thoughts on the genesis of the universe, the piece soon cascades through browser tabs and windows before landing in a digitized world—or the Unity environment, created by the good folks at 404FOREVER—where the viewer is confronted with pixelated avatars and existential questions about the increasingly all-encompassing digital realm.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- NewsWarp Confirms Details of Upcoming Aphex Twin LP, Reveals Release Date
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player