Watch an Engrossing Interview with The Knife
- Words: Patric Fallon
- Photo: Alexa Vachon
Having just unleashed its behemoth of a fourth LP on the world via Mute, Swedish brother-sister duo The Knife is now giving its fans a 13-minute short film called The Interview, a piece which is actually an extremely rare (not to mention artfully executed) video interview with Karin Dreijer-Andersson and Olof Dreijer about Shaking the Habitual. As should be expected, The Interview isn't your typical video interview. For instance: The Knife never blatantly show their faces, and much of the accompanying footage looks as if it was randomly shot by the bandmates themselves. The pair also talks in concise statements—touching on the creative process that went into making Shaking the Habitual, the concepts about politics and identity which drive the record's themes, and how they view themselves as "privileged" artists and musicains, among other interesting topics. The Interview can be watched in the player below.
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Tycho
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player