Well Rounded Label to Cease Operations
- Words: Glenn Jackson
After kicking off what appeared to be another strong year with releases from Leon Vynehall, Archie Pelago, and others, the UK's Well Rounded label has announced that it will stop releasing new records at the end of 2013. In a post on its Facebook page, the label stated that the decision to conclude operations was "not a commercial decision, it is a personal [one] based on the current position we find ourselves [in] now...caught between the underground and...the industry / market / 'potential wider' audience that we don't particularly want to pander to." Well Rounded will still share some new records throughout the year, but come 2014, it will focus on operating its shop in Brighton and releasing very limited records only. The full announcement from the label can be read here.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- NewsWatch Holly Herndon's Video for New Single, "Home"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player