Appleblim Readies First Solo Release; Preview It Now
- Words: Brad Stabler
Despite his run as a prolific collaborator and head of the Apple Pips label, Bristol bass-music fixture Appleblim (a.k.a. Laurence Osborne) is—believe it or not—yet to issue an entirely solo release ever in his accomplished career. That will all change soon, as the producer today unveiled plans to drop a new solo 12", "Fluorescent" b/w "Past Present Future." Appleblim has a long history with collaboration—penning records with Peverlist, Ramadanman (a.k.a. Pearson Sound), and Komon—but according to the press release for the forthcoming single, "Fluorescent" b/w "Past Present Future" will see him launch "a new chapter in his musical evolution, setting a promising precedent for both club-baiting dynamism and experimental adventure while busting the possibilities for the future wide open." The pair of forthcoming tunes can be previewed below ahead of their release on June 10.
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player