Appleblim Readies First Solo Release; Preview It Now
- Words: Brad Stabler
Despite his run as a prolific collaborator and head of the Apple Pips label, Bristol bass-music fixture Appleblim (a.k.a. Laurence Osborne) is—believe it or not—yet to issue an entirely solo release ever in his accomplished career. That will all change soon, as the producer today unveiled plans to drop a new solo 12", "Fluorescent" b/w "Past Present Future." Appleblim has a long history with collaboration—penning records with Peverlist, Ramadanman (a.k.a. Pearson Sound), and Komon—but according to the press release for the forthcoming single, "Fluorescent" b/w "Past Present Future" will see him launch "a new chapter in his musical evolution, setting a promising precedent for both club-baiting dynamism and experimental adventure while busting the possibilities for the future wide open." The pair of forthcoming tunes can be previewed below ahead of their release on June 10.
- GearThis Week in Music Tech: Mike Huckaby's Ableton Masterclass, In the Studio with Gregor Tresher and Ziro, and More
- NewsPaul Johnson, Jerome LOL, Untold, The Gaslamp Killer, and More Added to Together 2014
- MP3Alcides "Violeta (El Remolón Remix)"
- MP3Arp "White Light"
- MP3Copywrite "Forever and a Day"
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
- Hi-Five - DJ Q Reminisces About His Five Favorite UK Garage Bootlegs
XLR8R Downloads Player