Boiler Room Montreal Debuts Tomorrow with Grown Folk, CFCF, and More
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Montreal has been one of the most fertile hotbeds for creative electronic music in recent years, and so it was really only a matter of time before international-streaming party Boiler Room touched down for a—hopefully ongoing—showcase in the Canadian city. With sets from neo-R&B auteur D'eon, shapeshifting producer CFCF, and rising production duo Grown Folk looking particularly enticing, Boiler Room Montreal 001 will be streaming live tomorrow from 7 pm to 11 pm EST—though even the furthest depths of our imagination are having trouble figuring out exactly what a headlining Purity Ring DJ set will entail (let's just hope Megan James doesn't feel the need to take on any MC duties in the process). While the city certainly has the depth of talent to justify an ongoing series, it is still a bit unclear at this point if tomorrow's four-hour broadcast will launch a regular Boiler Room Montreal showcase, but the "001" tagged on the end of the flyer does seem to signal such an endeavor is in the works. When the time is right, Boiler Room's live broadcast from Montreal can be streamed here.
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsThe Great American Techno Festival Announces Dates and Initial Line-Up
- FeatureXLR8R's Top 20 Downloads of July
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with FaltyDL, Dekmantel, Randomer, and More
- NewsR&S Readies Debut Outing from Alma Construct, Streams Lead Track
- XLR8R's Top 20 Downloads of July
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
XLR8R Downloads Player