Check Out a Guide to Movement 2013 Afterparties
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Detorit's Movement festival kicks off this Saturday, bringing a slew of renowned DJs and producers to the legendary Midwest city for a three-day celebration of dance music. In addition to the many noteworthy sets taking place as part of the festival, an array of extra events and afterparties are planned to coincide with Movement, and—fortunately—a definitive guide has appeared to help festival-goers navigate their many options. Put together by Resident Advisor, the list of afterparties is substantial, with artists like Carl Craig (pictured above), Juan Atkins, Kyle Hall, Richie Hawtin, Nina Kraviz, Basic Soul Unit, Marcell Dettman, Claude VonStroke, Benjamin Damage, and our current podcast contributor Stacey Pullen all set to display their talents at various gatherings around Detroit. Resident Advisor's full guide—which includes over 30 parties across five days—can be found here.
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player