Dope Jams to Re-Open in Upstate New York
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Back in January, we delivered the unfortunate news that the brick-and-mortar location of Brooklyn record shop Dope Jams would be closing its doors for good. Now, we have a better bit of news to pass along, with the announcement that Dope Jams will in fact re-open at a new location in upstate New York next month. After its initial closure was well documented in Resident Advisor's recent Real Scenes: New York mini-doc, it appeared that the Dope Jams store would live on only as an online, mail-order website, but yesterday a Facebook update revealed that a new location is set to open in the small town of Oak Hill in upstate New York. An opening party is set for June 9, though details are scarce at this time. To stay up to speed with Dope Jams' developments, we suggest keeping an eye out for updates on the store's Facebook page. (via Resident Advisor)
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player