Jon Hopkins Previews Upcoming LP with Video Collaboration
- Words: Brad Stabler
After already sharing an enticing video for his track "Open Eye Signal," London producer Jon Hopkins has shared a new clip which previews each of his forthcoming LP's efforts alongside visuals created from 10,000 microscopic images of food dye in the process of crystallizing. Part of a collaboration with video biochemist and photographer Linden Gledhill, typographer Craig Ward, and Vice's The Creators Project, the preview not only gives new glimpses into the forthcoming Immunity LP, but also delivers on a pure eye candy level, with its detailed images changing from almost violently active to serenely drifting. The preview for Immunity—which is due out June 4 via Domino—can be watched below, and more information on the video collaboration can be found here.
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Tycho
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player