Jon Hopkins Previews Upcoming LP with Video Collaboration
- Words: Brad Stabler
After already sharing an enticing video for his track "Open Eye Signal," London producer Jon Hopkins has shared a new clip which previews each of his forthcoming LP's efforts alongside visuals created from 10,000 microscopic images of food dye in the process of crystallizing. Part of a collaboration with video biochemist and photographer Linden Gledhill, typographer Craig Ward, and Vice's The Creators Project, the preview not only gives new glimpses into the forthcoming Immunity LP, but also delivers on a pure eye candy level, with its detailed images changing from almost violently active to serenely drifting. The preview for Immunity—which is due out June 4 via Domino—can be watched below, and more information on the video collaboration can be found here.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player