Julio Bashmore Announces North American Tour, Shares Second Collab with Kowton
- Words: Brad Stabler
Bristol mainstay Julio Bashmore is having an exceedingly productive 2013. Running on the surge which followed last year's Au Seve and Husk EPs for his own Broadwalk imprint, the man has had his name attached to just about every major festival bill and, in between constant DJ sets, recently cooked up a collaboration with fellow Bristol mate Kowton. Now, Bashmore has announced he will be making stops in North America this summer, in addition to unearthing a second track from his collaboration with Kowton. Bashmore and Kowton formed an extremely potent mixture on the Mirror Song EP, which was originally made available exclusively on limited vinyl for Record Store Day. To ready Mirror Song for wide release on May 27, Bashmore has shared the single's b-side, "And What?." That tune can be streamed below, where the dates for Bashmore's two-week North American summer tour are also included.
August 01 Holoscene, Portland
August 02 Q, Seattle
August 03 Hard Summer, Los Angeles
August 06 Summer Stage, New York (with Disclosure and TNGHT)
August 08 Velvet, Montreal
August 09 Footwork, Toronto
August 10 MOMA / PS1, New York
August 10 August Morgan's Pier, Philadelphia
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player