Kowton and Hyetal Collaborate on New 12"; Preview It Now
- Words: Brad Stabler
Bristol-made producers Sean and Dan Kelly (a.k.a. The Kelly Twins) have spent the past eight years making a name for themselves in their hometown as natural diggers, building sets that span R&B, Chicago house, techno, and bass tunes both local and international. Today, the brothers announced they will be expanding their endeavors with the start of a new imprint called Happy Skull; the label's first release being a new collaboration between fellow Bristolians Kowton and Hyetal, operating under the collaborative moniker Systems of Desire. In an interview with Juno Plus, The Kelly Twins boiled down its intentions with the label, saying, "Basically, we want to put out space music"—which should continue with the brothers' pursuit of inspiring genres, while also remaining raw, melodic and forward-thinking. The two-track Systems of Desire 12" is due out via Happy Skull sometime in July, but is available to preview now, below.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player