L.I.E.S. Preps Double-LP Debut from Gunnar Haslam
- Words: Glenn Jackson
For the first half of 2013, Brooklyn label L.I.E.S. has been operating at a breakneck pace, one which appears nowhere near ready to let up with the announcement of a forthcoming debut outing from newcomer Gunnar Haslam—a record which will serve as the imprint's 11th release so far this year. While next to no information can be found on Haslam—both the Facebook and SoundCloud profiles for the project are virtually blank—we do know that the producer will be releasing the Mimesiak double-LP with L.I.E.S. sometime in the near future. Fortunately, we've been given a glimpse into just what that upcoming record may sound like thanks to a stream of LP cut "Billowing Black Cloud," which can be heard via the player below. (via Juno Plus)
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player