Marc Houle Launches New Synth-Pop Project, Shares First Single
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Former Minus mainstay and co-founder of the Items & Things label—alongisde Magda and Troy Pierce—Marc Houle (pictured above, right) has put together a new synth-pop project with the help of vocal collaborators Joaquim dos Santos (pictured above, left) and Clelia Cantoro (pictured above, center). Together operating as La Folie, the new outfit will release its debut full-length later this year, but before then has shared a video for the album's first single, "Her New Dress." As the story goes, the group first began as a "secret" project between Houle and dos Santos, who had together worked on a private set of tunes after meeting over 10 years ago. Now, with the inclusion of Cantoro, La Folie's efforts have been revisited, re-recorded, and revived for the launching of the new project. While no release date or details have surfaced for group's debut LP, La Folie has shared a video for its first single, "Her New Dress," which can be watched below.
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsWatch a New Video for Fatima's "Rest in Peace"
- NewsIkonika Streams New Track from Upcoming Hyperdub EP, Drops New Mix
- MP3Remote "Alcyone (Matt Walsh Remix)"
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player