Marc Houle Launches New Synth-Pop Project, Shares First Single
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Former Minus mainstay and co-founder of the Items & Things label—alongisde Magda and Troy Pierce—Marc Houle (pictured above, right) has put together a new synth-pop project with the help of vocal collaborators Joaquim dos Santos (pictured above, left) and Clelia Cantoro (pictured above, center). Together operating as La Folie, the new outfit will release its debut full-length later this year, but before then has shared a video for the album's first single, "Her New Dress." As the story goes, the group first began as a "secret" project between Houle and dos Santos, who had together worked on a private set of tunes after meeting over 10 years ago. Now, with the inclusion of Cantoro, La Folie's efforts have been revisited, re-recorded, and revived for the launching of the new project. While no release date or details have surfaced for group's debut LP, La Folie has shared a video for its first single, "Her New Dress," which can be watched below.
- FeatureLabels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- NewsLegowelt and Willie Burns Launch Bizarre Online TV Show; Watch the First Episode Now
- NewsCheck Out a New Mix from Mount Kimbie
- NewsListen to Huxley's Upcoming Debut LP, 'Blurred'
- FeatureLabels We Love: 10 More of Our Favorite Labels, Plus Some Newcomers Worth Watching
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
- October 20: MUTEK.MX with Andy Stott, The Bug, Roman Flügel, Objekt, Laurel Halo, Oneohtrix Point Never, and More
- November 5: Club to Club with Caribou, SBTRKT, Recondite, Marcel Dettmann, Clark, Vessel, Luke Vibert, Jacques Greene, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player