Marc Houle Launches New Synth-Pop Project, Shares First Single
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Former Minus mainstay and co-founder of the Items & Things label—alongisde Magda and Troy Pierce—Marc Houle (pictured above, right) has put together a new synth-pop project with the help of vocal collaborators Joaquim dos Santos (pictured above, left) and Clelia Cantoro (pictured above, center). Together operating as La Folie, the new outfit will release its debut full-length later this year, but before then has shared a video for the album's first single, "Her New Dress." As the story goes, the group first began as a "secret" project between Houle and dos Santos, who had together worked on a private set of tunes after meeting over 10 years ago. Now, with the inclusion of Cantoro, La Folie's efforts have been revisited, re-recorded, and revived for the launching of the new project. While no release date or details have surfaced for group's debut LP, La Folie has shared a video for its first single, "Her New Dress," which can be watched below.
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player