Pangaea Launches Singles Series, Previews First Record
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Hessle Audio co-head and consistently adventurous producer Pangaea has announced plans to launch an ongoing series of self-released singles beginning next month. Under the label name Hadal 1—a reference to the ocean's Hadal zone, the deepest part of the marine environment—the new series will serve as a recurring home for Pangaea's productions, although the Londoner stresses that there is no particular release plan set at this point. The series' first single—which actually contains three tracks, "Razz," "Mission Creep," and "Viaduct"—will see a release on June 3. While both Pangaea and fellow Hessle Audio founder Pearson Sound have recently launched their own imprints in order to self-release new material, in an interview with FACT, Pangaea assures Hessle fans that operations at the label are nowhere near slowing up. "We both see Hessle as the core of what we do," he explains in the interview, "but the label has always been about working with other people beyond the three of us [Pangaea, Pearson Sound, and Ben UFO]. I think we’re keen to emphasise that. I guess we’re lucky in that we’ve been able to build our reputations off the back of Hessle and so projects like this are still able to get a bit of attention.” Pangaea's first single for Hadal 1 can be previewed via the player below.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player