Prefuse 73 Launches Label and Collaborative Series, Teases First EP with Teebs
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Guillermo Scott Herren (a.k.a. Prefuse 73)—a man who was in many ways a forefather to the current beat scene—has, along with photographer Angel Ceballos, announced the launching of the Yellow Year label, which will serve as home to an ongoing collaborative series pairing Herren with a number of equally talented producers. The label's first EP, set to arrive sometime next month, will feature Chino Hills wunderkind and Brainfeeder associate Teebs working alongside Herren. Deemed Speak Soon, the 12-part series will also find Prefuse working with producers such Nosaj Thing, Lapalux, Synkro, Nathan Fake, Dimlite, and more over the months to come. For now, a small snippet of Speak Soon's first edition with Teebs can be previewed via the teaser video below.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player