Prefuse 73 Launches Label and Collaborative Series, Teases First EP with Teebs
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Guillermo Scott Herren (a.k.a. Prefuse 73)—a man who was in many ways a forefather to the current beat scene—has, along with photographer Angel Ceballos, announced the launching of the Yellow Year label, which will serve as home to an ongoing collaborative series pairing Herren with a number of equally talented producers. The label's first EP, set to arrive sometime next month, will feature Chino Hills wunderkind and Brainfeeder associate Teebs working alongside Herren. Deemed Speak Soon, the 12-part series will also find Prefuse working with producers such Nosaj Thing, Lapalux, Synkro, Nathan Fake, Dimlite, and more over the months to come. For now, a small snippet of Speak Soon's first edition with Teebs can be previewed via the teaser video below.
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player