Prefuse 73 Launches Label and Collaborative Series, Teases First EP with Teebs
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Guillermo Scott Herren (a.k.a. Prefuse 73)—a man who was in many ways a forefather to the current beat scene—has, along with photographer Angel Ceballos, announced the launching of the Yellow Year label, which will serve as home to an ongoing collaborative series pairing Herren with a number of equally talented producers. The label's first EP, set to arrive sometime next month, will feature Chino Hills wunderkind and Brainfeeder associate Teebs working alongside Herren. Deemed Speak Soon, the 12-part series will also find Prefuse working with producers such Nosaj Thing, Lapalux, Synkro, Nathan Fake, Dimlite, and more over the months to come. For now, a small snippet of Speak Soon's first edition with Teebs can be previewed via the teaser video below.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player