Prefuse 73 Launches Label and Collaborative Series, Teases First EP with Teebs
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Guillermo Scott Herren (a.k.a. Prefuse 73)—a man who was in many ways a forefather to the current beat scene—has, along with photographer Angel Ceballos, announced the launching of the Yellow Year label, which will serve as home to an ongoing collaborative series pairing Herren with a number of equally talented producers. The label's first EP, set to arrive sometime next month, will feature Chino Hills wunderkind and Brainfeeder associate Teebs working alongside Herren. Deemed Speak Soon, the 12-part series will also find Prefuse working with producers such Nosaj Thing, Lapalux, Synkro, Nathan Fake, Dimlite, and more over the months to come. For now, a small snippet of Speak Soon's first edition with Teebs can be previewed via the teaser video below.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
XLR8R Downloads Player