Stream Octo Octa's Debut Album for 100% Silk
- Words: Tim Gentles
Brooklyn house producer Octo Octa is releasing his debut full-length for 100% Silk next week, but before it drops, the eight-track effort can now be streamed in full. Entitled Between Two Selves, Octo Octa's forthcoming LP marks only the second time the Not Not Fun affiliated 100% Silk label has released a full-length album. The producer's earlier singles, such as the Amerie-sampling "I'm Trying," stuck out from the rest of the label's catalog thanks to their alluring sleekness, and Between Two Selves finds the producer expanding and deepening his sound even more. Lead single "Work Me" is anchored by a steady Chicago house pulse, but its hazy, effervescent synths come across as far more evocative than any simple retro workout. Other album highlights include the slow-burning bliss of opener "Who Will I Become" and moody club cut "Uneasy." The entire LP can be streamed via Resident Advisor, here.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
XLR8R Downloads Player