Video: Twigs "How's That"
- Words: Brad Stabler
Reclusive London-based singer/producer Twigs made a quiet splash last year with a number of leering tunes and visually confounding videos that eventually culminated with a low-key, four-track EP (simply titled EP). Given the project's output so far, it makes sense that Twigs would now enlist experimental beatmaker Arca to help produce "How's That," Twig's latest effort featured in the clip above. The London artists vocals here are almost impossible to fully separate from the tune's deep bassline—one of Arca's deepest yet—as they play an exceptionally tense game of sexual call-and-response. In that spirit, the Jesse Kanda-directed visuals are exactly what they need to be—a liquid female figure endlessly shapeshifting and reforming at a dizzying, double-time spin compared to the pace of the twilight-tinged tune itself.
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsSpectral Sound Announces New EP from Patricia; Hear a Track Now
- NewsApplescal Readies 'Mirage' EP for Atomnation, Shares New Track
- NewsGroundislava Details Upcoming LP for Friends of Friends
- MP3Alcides "Violeta (El Remolón Remix)"
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player