Watch Bok Bok's RBMA Lecture
- Words: Tim Gentles
Red Bull Music Academy NYC's second session is under way this week, and UK DJ/producer Bok Bok (a.k.a. Alex Sushon) is one of the latest guests to sit down on the RBMA couch and talk shop. In the course of the hour-plus-long discussion the co-founder of the hugely influential Night Slugs label talks about the early days and inspiration behind the imprint, the label's place in the continuum of UK dance music, and his thoughts on what the ideal club should look like. Sushon also plays a number of his own productions and various Night Slugs releases from the course of his and the label's career, in the process waxing philosophical on the function and future of dance music. The full lecture can be watched below.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
XLR8R Downloads Player