Watch Bok Bok's RBMA Lecture
- Words: Tim Gentles
Red Bull Music Academy NYC's second session is under way this week, and UK DJ/producer Bok Bok (a.k.a. Alex Sushon) is one of the latest guests to sit down on the RBMA couch and talk shop. In the course of the hour-plus-long discussion the co-founder of the hugely influential Night Slugs label talks about the early days and inspiration behind the imprint, the label's place in the continuum of UK dance music, and his thoughts on what the ideal club should look like. Sushon also plays a number of his own productions and various Night Slugs releases from the course of his and the label's career, in the process waxing philosophical on the function and future of dance music. The full lecture can be watched below.
- NewsRecondite Announces Upcoming LP for Innervisions, Streams New Track
- NewsWatch a Short Documentary with Jeff Mills
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsSBTRKT Drops Video for "New Dorp. New York"
- GearArtist Tips: Peter Van Hoesen on How to Listen More Effectively
XLR8R Downloads Player