Watch Brian Eno's RBMA Lecture
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Musician, producer, artist, author, lecturer—the list goes on—Brian Eno has certainly made his presence felt at this year's Red Bull Music Academy. The man's 77 Million Paintings installation has taken up a new home in Manhattan as part of RBMA, and Eno has given a number of talks in the process, one of which has made it onto the web and can now be watched in full. The 80-minute discussion covers a wide range of topics, beginning with a somewhat lofty examination of art as a form of human release and onto considering contemporary music and Eno's recent collaborations with artists such as James Blake. As to be expected, the lecture proves to be interesting, entertaining, informative, and immensely thought-provoking. The full video can be watched here.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
XLR8R Downloads Player